Thursday, January 10, 2008

29 Things I Love About Steve...


1. He sings to our kids

2. He sings in the shower, usually the Star-Spangled Banner

3. He almost always has a pen handy (he's a cute nerd)

4. He loves kids and will often say how cute "so and so's" baby is

5. He could eat pizza for every meal and never tire of it AND never get fat

6. He doesn't mind me giving him orders the minute he gets home (or he doesn't complain about it)

7. He wrestles and plays with the kids while I make dinner

8. When I'm out with friends or shopping he often says, "take as long as you need".

9. He cleans the shower better than me and he wears flip flops while doing it

10. He memorizes maps and therefore knows where everything is

11. He cleans my car inside and out and changes the oil

12. He is extremely honest

13. He is a great communicator

14. He is the most forgiving person I have ever met, maybe because I have offended him the most :). He also quickly forgives and never holds a grudge.

15. When girls night is at my house he ends up hanging out with us

16. He is so friendly

17. He has multiple nicknames...the beav, zippy, maxfly,...to name just a few

18. He knows random facts. He answers all the kids questions when they ask, "what's that?" he always has an answer and some details.

19. He will go on an occasional jog with me

20. He always beats me on a jog, no matter if I have been running for months. I pretend it annoys me, but I am actually glad he isn't slugging behind

21. He always sincerely tells me I look good, even when I am 9 mo. pregnant

22. He loves the outdoors, he takes us hiking, running in the mountains

23. He puts almost everything into an excel spreadsheet

24. He does the finances and bills

25. He breaks out into dancing at random moments

26. He makes the kids laugh by making weird faces

27. He likes to plant flowers and take care of the yard (when we have one)

28. Everything he tries he ends up being good at

29. He is the best father and husband


Happy 29th! Love you!

11 comments:

Teri said...

Fun to read about Steve! He reminds me of Jake. I am hoping you guys are back Natalee. We so need to get together. Loved the picture...don't get mountains like that in AZ.

Anonymous said...

You forget to mention #30: His short black shorts

di said...

i, too, was going to comment on the sexy black shorts. happy birthday!
my parents told me that they saw you when the were in boulder last week. they thought your kids were adorable!

Jill said...

Pizza, pen, trivial knowledge, etc. All exactly the same as Spencer. We did marry the same man (except the yard thing...).

Melissa said...

Well, now that I am the third person to say, "That reminds me of my hubby!", perhaps instead I will say, "Men! They're all the same!" I thought Chad was unique in his spreadsheet fanatacism, but I think it is a hilarious thing to have in common! Happy Birthday Steve!

Maly and Dan said...

Cute, you guys are for sure meant for each other. Happy 29th Steve!

Maly and Dan said...

Cute, you guys are for sure meant for each other. Happy 29th Steve!

Anonymous said...

Thanks Ben. She's saving that for my 30th birthday...
There is a phenomenon that when you slightly raise your leg, say to prop your foot on a rock, your shorts become shorter...I wear knee length shorts, no shorter. Period...except when playing soccer when I'm covering even more of my legs with sexy knee high socks.

Teri said...

Ok I am tagging you! Check out my blog to see how it is done!

Nichole and Jeremy said...

Happy B-Day Steve a little late but still well meant!

It was fun to see you guys over Christmas. I never got to talk to you Natalee again but the reason why I bought you the two books is because I bought them too and I thought we could read them together. I started Les Misrables. I hope you enjoy them!

I am glad you enjoyed my sideways picture. I am still working on the whole blogging thing. We are getting better but still have a long way to go.

Gramma said...

Just looked at you blog, Natalee. The bit on the Prophet was beautiful. He is a great man! I am so glad he is with his beloved Marge again. Thank you also, for loving my son so much. You're great together!