Monday, September 29, 2008

Will Work For Scooter


Several months ago Hudson and Sadie started begging me for scooters. Hudson wanted a specific scooter, a Red Flyer like one that his friend got at a birthday party. I told them if they saved half the money ($20) I would pay for the other half. They would receive a quarter for making their bed, getting dressed, and picking up toys. And extra money for other chores around the house. The first day we started Hudson pretty much cleaned the whole house with me. After adding the four or five quarters to his jar he said, "can we get the scooter?" Not quite.

3 months later...we counted up the money and Hudson had $14 and change and Sadie had $6. I told them if they combined they could get one scooter and share. They went for the deal (and I saved $20 bucks). I was happy for them.

I take no responsibility for Sadie's outfit choices.

8 comments:

Teri said...

We are kind of doing the same thing. The kids get a make believe dollar...which they need 5 of to count for a real dollar. Anyway, we printed off these fake dollars with their faces on them. The kids have like 70$ each. They need 100$ to buy a 20 dollar toy. Anyway, it is fun...but the novelty has sort of rubbed off.

Nichole and Jeremy said...

You are so cute Natalee! I am so lucky to have you as my sister!

I am glad that they got the scooter!

love you!

Jill said...

You are such a good mom. Love the outfit. Avery has the same shirt. Sadie is growing up so big!

katie and co. said...

I love that idea. What a great Mom you are, Natalee. I have never seen a scooter like that. Where did you get it? I think that is perfect for Cannon for Christmas.

Natalee said...

We got it at Target in Awatukee. However it is not at every Target, so check online for locations. It would be perfect for Cannon. Very easy for Sadie.

carrie said...

you are such a smart mom

Melissa said...

We're doing the same thing right now for part of Isaac's Halloween costume. Last night I even got my microwave cleaned out of the deal! Way to go Mom!

Mark and Kiss said...

Great idea Natalie! I love the cute little scooter, but even more I love the idea of setting a goal, working and being fiscally frugal and responsible! Great lessons for the kids.