Sunday, October 21, 2007

Two Two

They are all growing up too fast. At least all of their knuckles still have dimples, that makes me feel they are still in babyhood. We celebrated Sadie's big day by going to the famous "Build-A-Bear". I have ( I mean she has) always wanted to check this place out. It sounded fun to make a bear and stuff it and dress it. So off we went.
Tiff, Annie, and Haley met us there to be Sadie's helpers and wonderful helpers they were. Haley and Annie explained each step of the process with ease as they apparently have taken several bears through the birthing process. They could be bear midwives or doulas :).














The kids picked a bear, chose a heart for the bear, stuffed it, bathed it, dressed it, and named it. When we asked Sadie what her bears name was she said "two" (her answer to the question of the day, "How old are you"). Since they both had tutu's on I said "how 'bout tutu?" and Tiffany came up with the spelling Two Two. Cute.



























When we asked Hudson what his bears name was he said Hudson. When asked again he came up with "Bearsy" and has been calling him that, so Bearsy it is. The bears both got birth certificates and a little house. The kids love them.




After the birth of the bears we had cake and ice cream in the backyard where the Seiter family joined us. Sadie loved every minute. She was thrilled with all of the great gifts...paints, books, her "new" (craigs list) trike, and new dress (thanks Tiff and fam, it fits her just right with a little room to grow).




Thanks for the cake lessons mom, I think I am finally starting to get the smoothing process down!















9 comments:

Jill said...

That cake is a work of art! Who knew my little Natalee was so amazingly talented! That "2" outfit is adorable too. Sounds like a fun day. So many people around to love Sadie. Give her a hello from Avery and I.

carrie said...

wow!!! that cake is amazing. will you mail me a slice please?

Your family is just so adorable. Little sadie is all grown up. I love here in each an every picture. I'm glad is was such a great day.

Melissa said...

this is getting redundant now, but fabulous cake! you inspire me! i've always wanted to try the fondunt. (that's what it's called, right? probably spelled wrong...) maybe i'll start practicing before our own 2nd birthday party next month! anyway, great job! it is a beautiful cake, and build-a-bear looks really fun!

Teri said...

She is adorable...looks like everyone had fun. I love two year olds...and Sadie is one of my favorites.

Anonymous said...

Nat-ster, great pictures! I love looking at them. You have gorgeous kids! She is two, wow!!!!!!!!! the cake looked great Ms. Martha. Hey try fondant you will never try anything else after that.

traveltwin said...

happy birthday to sadie! it's funny to think the last time i saw you was just before she was born. she is so cute, all your kids are beautiful. it was fun to see all your pics, thanks!

Gramma said...

Sadie, I think you are an adorable 2 year old!! We love you and your family!!

di said...

adorable!

Amy said...

Great job on the cake and I LOVE her little two two outfit.