Wednesday, March 4, 2009

The Maxfield Infirmary

In Chronological Order...
Everett
Symptoms:
Fever
Grumpy
Attached to the hip
Sleepless Nights
Diagnosis:
Double ear infection
Treatment:
Antibiotics
Duration of Sickness:
6 Days (Antibiotics started on Day 3)
Steve
Symptoms:
fever off and on
enduring cough
felt fine for a week
cough gets worse
cough gets violent
Diagnosis:
Pneumonia
Treatment:
Antibiotics
Duration of Sickness:
So far 1 week (but just diagnosed today and starts Antibiotics today)
Me
Symptoms:
Fever
Fatigue
Diagnosis:
Cold
Treatment:
Tylenol
Duration of Sickness:
1 Day (I'm awesome :), or lucky)
Hudson
Symptoms:
Pink eye without the goup
fever
mild cough
Diagnosis:
Cat Scratch Disease (eh? A. Hudson hates cats. B. Cousin has cats, but he doesn't touch them. Doctor is convinced. We'll see what the blood test shows. My gut tells me it is a bad cold.)
Duration of Sickness:
4 Days and counting
Sadie
Symptoms:
Uncontrollable night cough
fever
Diagnosis:
Asthma vs Allergies (???)
Duration of Sickness:
3 Days and counting
Conclusion: Stay away.
Quite an array of diagnosis. I'm not sure about Sadie and Hudson's, but whatever. At least we have some antibiotics now and hopefully that will take care of everything (knock on wood). I would rather be posting about the amazing girls trip I took last week (thanks to Steve watching the kids for 4 days! AND taking care of sick E) but when I have a moment of free time I take a nap or just lay on the couch and watch TV. Great.

11 comments:

Unknown said...

Steve has pneumonia??? Oh wow. I hope you all feel better soon.

Emily said...

Man, that's quite the list. Hope you all feel better soon!

liz said...

That reminds me of the time when both Ashleigh and Casey had pneumonia and whopping cough at the same time. Jim was in Japan at the time, but he came home with...whopping cough. I never got sick but the durations was way too long.

Andrea Tingen said...

I'm so sorry!! It really stinks when everyone is sick. Katelynn's
doctor was worried she had cat scratch disease when she was 3. She had swollen lymph nodes, and a red sore throat…..it turned out to be strep. I hope you all feel better soon!

Teri said...

I am so sad for you. So did you cancel your trip to california?

carrie said...

oh my josh. i had pneumonia 2 years ago and the was THE WORST. sounds like a total nightmare.

carrie said...

hahahaha. oh my josh. i like it.

carrie said...

what is wrong with me? sorry. i'm really tired. that is why my posts are making no sense.

i love you all and hope you feel better soon. someone take the keyboard away from me.

Mark and Kiss said...

Oh man! Sending well wishes for a speedy recovery and better week!

We are going through the same. I have had strep throat twice in the last 4 weeks...and the list is too long (and gross)for the kids ailments.

Cami said...

Yikes! I am sorry to hear all of this sickness is going down in your home! Are you sleeping?
Congrats on being an aunt.....again!

gma vh said...

I've decided you & Amy VH are 2 peas in a pod. Her blog is http://engineergirls.blogspot.com/ Compare Disney pictures--Love Ann