Thursday, July 31, 2008

With Dreams to Fly

Hudson has recently become obsessed with flying and these are the questions I have been fielding as of late...
H: "Mom, why do birds fly?" M: "because they have wings." H: "Why do they have wings?" M: "Because that is how God made them." H: "Why didn't God make me with wings?" M: "I don't know, but we can fly in an airplane." H: "That is not the same, I want to fly by myself."

After that conversation he randomly will say...

H: "I wish God would change me into a bird."

then after we killed a moth in the house...

H: "Mom, why do bugs have wings?"

And we begin again.

So he took things into his own hands and came up with this contraption of balloons, grocery bags, and a blanket. He had me readjust the balloons probably 10 times to see if he could get it to work. After each adjustment he would jump of the stool to see if he could fly. To prevent any further adjustments I would say, "Hey you did it, you flew!" He would say, "that wasn't flying, fix the baloons."

6 comments:

Cami said...

That is classic! I love that the balloons are pink, and he hasn't hit the age where he even cares. I can't wait until he starts putting on antlers to try to be a moose or something along those lines.....Your kids are such little cuties. I love the quotes that you are getting out of them!

Melissa said...

I feel like I am answering nonstop questions of the same sort all. day. long! Our little guys would totally be best buds if we could get them together!

Emily said...

Your kids are so cute! I love the "flying." And I love your positivity- don't we all need that??

Maly and Dan said...

Oh so cute!

Teri said...

I like Hudson!

carrie said...

so hilarious. i love it.